Professional Porch Builder of Northern, VA
Whether you need screened-in porches, maintenance free porches, or any kind of porch enclosure, our team of porch builders can provide you with custom porch addition that will complement your residence. Our porch builder team has built or beautified thousands of homes in Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Falls Church, Mclean, Great Falls, Vienna and throughout northern Virginia.
Your porch gives you needed space to go into or come out the entrance of your house. Though usually not enclosed, it is outside the walls of the main building. Some porches may still be covered. Have our porch enclosure builders construct screened-in porches (or covered in wide window, thin wall-frame, or a latticework). But besides functioning as a convenient changing space, porches can also provide comfortable amenities.
Possible Features of Your Custom Porch
- Have us build a drink ledge around a circular porch, for imbibing your refreshing concoction.
- Curl up on your favorite reading spot, a hanging sofa swing with a warm throw and cushy pillows.
- Brighten things up with a rustic candle-lit chandelier.
- Position your classic Southern wicker furniture around a card table or chess board, or glass-covered wicker table.
- Color the room with some container gardens, flower pots, or some hanging ferns.
- Make your stucco-covered or brick fireplace the focal point, adding a ledge above to decorate with flowers or candles when there is no fire in the large hearth, accompanied by a firewood storage cubby to its side.
- Have us install French doors from the house, to make your porch simply an extension of the home’s interior.
- Cool it with a fan if enclosed, or with a sun umbrella over the table if it is un-enclosed.
- Surround your enclosed area with some curtains to add privacy or a retractible, fabric shades, or even trellis to block the summer sun.
It’s not too early to dream a little of the accessories you will include for your porch, after you decide if its indoor or outdoor. Contact us to get you a quote so our team of porch builders can get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
A three season porch is sturdier than your average screened in porch or enclosed deck, a 3-season room addition is a good option for homeowners who want to enjoy outdoor living in style but who don’t need the living space available all year long.
A 4-season porch (also known as an all season room or sun room) is a room that functions as an interior room, but allows you to take in the views of the outdoors year-round. It has permanent heat and is included in the finished square footage of the home.
If you already have an existing base we can install new wall frames, windows, doors and a roof as long as it is in good order.
We would not be able to alter an existing base in any way. Our consultants will be able to provide you with more detailed advice.
The words are sometimes used interchangeably, but a patio and a porch are not the same by definition. At home, both provide a spot to enjoy the outdoors near the indoors, and that’s almost where the similarities end. Understanding the differences, however, can broaden your architectural design smarts.
Basically, a porch is an outdoor structure with a roof that is usually open at the sides and can be screened-in making it a screened porch or if placed on the front of your house, referred as a front porch. It is attached to or projects from the side of a residence and protects the entrance or serves as a resting place for occupants to entertain and enjoy the fresh air.
A patio, on the other hand, is constructed in or on the ground directly beside or slightly out from the home, such as around an in-ground pool. It may be made from practically any hard material, including poured concrete, paving blocks, flat rocks, bricks or gravel set in the earth. Wood decks, even those constructed on the ground, are not patios. Depending on codes, decks and porches that are 2 feet or higher typically must have a railing.