Hosting guests for the holidays is part of what makes the season so special, but it can also put a lot on your plate during what is already a busy time of year. One of the best ways to fight holiday stress is to prepare as much as you can in advance. There are certain last-minute holiday tasks that are unavoidable–recipes you have to make in the moment or flower arrangements that you want to keep fresh. That is unavoidable. Fortunately, you can set up and furnish the rooms of your house to be comfortable for guests well before you arrive.
Beautiful Sunroom Ideas
A sunroom is also called a sun parlor, sun porch or sun lounge and it’s a structure usually built onto the side of a house. It allows you to admire and to enjoy the surroundings and the views while being sheltered and protected from rain, wind and other weather conditions. The name is very suggestive actually. Since this room has large windows in order to allow panoramic views, the sun gets through and the room is filled with light and warmth.
There are numerous different types of designs for the sunroom. It can be constructed out of a variety of materials. For example, you can have a brick sunroom if you prefer a more rustic décor. You can also build it out of wood to make it feel warm and cozy or, if you want to emphasize the views, you can build it out of glass. The roof can also be made of glass so you can admire the sky and enjoy the weather to its fullest.
Use blinds for the windows in case the sunlight becomes disturbing
You could also use the sunroom as a second dining area
A fireplace will make the sunroom warm and cozy when the weather is unfriendly
Use skylights for extra light and beautiful views of the sky
Decorate this space with plants and flowers for a more natural look
Turn the sunroom into an entertainment and relaxation area
Use comfortable furniture and pleasant textures
A glass roof would definitely be a wonderful feature for a sunroom
Stylishly Surrounding Sunrooms Mclean VA
Among the owners of sunrooms Mclean VA and in all northern Virginia, this homeowner wanted a wooden multi-level deck to surround their sunroom. They already have their barbecue grill, table and chairs ready for the pleasant warmer weather. We included some features for this deck to make it stand out.
- The small stairway has faces 5 direction leading to the ground. It also adds safety with stairway lighting and a small handrail for use as needed
- This 2 level deck includes the upper level matches the white wood wall of the sunroom, while the lower level attaches to the brick wall of the back of the home. The upper level comes out with corners trimmed in a beveled fashion. Underneath, a criss-cross lattice covers a portion for under the lower part of the porch, which can be used for storage.
- The natural wood stain in capped with a darker stain cover on the top rail. But the natural wood look is complemented by iron balusters that match the color of the house.
Rather than having a simple set of steps coming out of the sun porch, this surrounding wooden deck adds a measure of safety besides enjoyment and value. Getting the professionals at Steadfast involved allowed this deck to be built stylishly without much hassle. Having the 2 different levels allows the safety of a shorter distance in case of a fall, while also breaking up the deck into two different zones for conversations and relaxing to occur.
When custom decks surround sunrooms Mclean VA or elsewhere in northern Virginia , the results can look amazing from inside and out . Contact us today for a free estimate.
Glass Sunrooms Arlington
When it comes to sunrooms Arlington homeowners love to make the most of their space. Nothing else lets the light in like glass sunrooms or sunporches. Invite the beauty of outdoors into the comfort of your home.
- indulge in conversation or a game of chess with loved ones
- hide away for private reading or hammock resting
- exercise indoors with a magnificent view of the sunrise.
A longer sunroom can be divided with choice furniture to allow diverse spaces, such as living room seating in the round or a table and chair ready for tea or cards.
Here are some topics to consider for those examining options for glass sunrooms:
- Some wish to frame the glass windows with rustic wood beams, thin steel frames.
- Some choose to extend the glass covering even to the ceiling in select spots or almost the entire roof.
- The more studious may prefer to have a counter or desk built to stay current on work.
- Some have the glassed-in sunroom enclose it on one, two, or even three sides. For the 270 degree view, some shapes come in rectagonal, or octogaonal views.
- Depending on the climate and temperature preferences, homeowners will include fireplaces or space heaters for the winter, or ceiling fans, air conditioners, and screendoors for the warmer months.
- Some choose to leave glass always exposed, while others wish to have optional coverings such as curtains, bamboo drapings, sliding shutters, or other ways to curb the sunlight.
Call us today to begin planning with you for building or remodeling your home’s glass sunrooms Arlington VA style.